0000000000000000000000000000000000

Sour Cream, Butter and Lemon Pound Cake - Cake Recipes

Posted by Admin on Tuesday, November 22, 2011


Sour Cream, Butter and Lemon Pound Cake. This sour cream, lemon pound cake recipe with butter and go a couple of generations back. It is a traditional sour cream was my husband's grandmother's recipe for lemon pound cake with butter. It taught me how to make my mother-in-law. It would be almost everyone can do it easy way. (She has it in her "the pound cake in a single step." Nickname) and a cake that tastes good, this is a reliable show stopper! This cake is to provide a lot of people from around the world, and they all praised it, is that it is addicted to the taste.

I have an interesting story you want to introduce this cake.

. "Folk McGourty" major incident, it happened that happened and I became part of a month or so before my husband was married - I'm still "know" my future When you get a family.

One day, I was preparing for Aptos wedding in our future Mission Santa Cruz, California, during his stay with his parents, household cleaning and I'm helping the mother's husband. While she was busy making something for dinner, I had finished the housework. She noticed that we need to make quick trips to the grocery store for some ingredients for dinner that night. As she was leaving the house, she told me "You are the only way you can trust for Susie to take care of on my cake, remove the cake when the timer goes off Please. "

My father never seemed to crack a smile and was very intimidating to me at the time, his best friend (and brother-in-law) was sitting on the kitchen table talking with Uncle Jack. What I had to quit what I was waiting to fall by a timer. I get a hot pad, open the oven door, the timer rang. I saw there a tube cake pan that looks like a angel food cake. I asked my father where you can quickly find the empty Coke bottle. He looked at me confused I asked what you need a bottle of cola? (They are angel food cake while the standard for cool) I said "it must be reversed and angel food cake in the oven there," he said. So he beckoned me towards the pantry.

In the pantry, I'm very old, and found a dusty bottle of cola. So I grabbed it and wash it immediately invert the cake heavy on the neck of the bottle. His mother is going to be my husband now was a great cook, she is his mother so I can try that might make an angel food cake could not just were reported. This cake, "weight" I'm an angel food cake from it and I definitely think not! Then I got my fiance and his brother began to leave the kitchen to go to see what was doing in the game room.

All of a sudden, there was a huge boom van crash behind me. I looked around and a big ear to ear "bunny rabbit smile and laugh," his face like a cake to look in my father and Uncle Jack, the bottle is reduced all over the floor and counters, were divided. Then I heard running feet. They are husband and his brother picked up my future rest on the floor, so I sampled a piece of cake fell on the counter, looked with horror.

"Oh my god," I cried! We have spoiled put it back together! No, I'm making a new one! "The type of angel food cake, what is it?" It was not an angel food cake - far away from there! It was this treasured recipe of his grandmother's pound cake! Boy! Shame I've ever had! "

However, the "pound cake incident" had one good thing about. It broke the ice and really my father's law. It's just me that he "test me" and I was trying to come up with a way see how rough and take from him. He was a softy deep down really.

You'll love this cake! - It is so reliable! No prima donna like cheesecake! Friends and family will love it! It has provided at least 10 people 15 people. Your "cookie tin" is that if we continue'll keep for weeks refrigerated. It was out with the most delicious coffee and tea.

This cake tastes made a day or two before serving to intensify the taste of the best.

Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes, do 10 servings.

Foodstuffs. (For best results all ingredients are at room temperature should have.)

1 cup softened unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
Extra large eggs lightly beaten 3,
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
January 4 teaspoon salt
2 / 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup lemon peel (grated lemon peel, a generous amount).
Vanilla extract 1 cup (generous)
January 2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sour cream
Dust and powdered sugar for presentation,


How to get ready.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. The oven rack must be in the upper half of the oven.
Combine ingredients in a large mixer bowl in the order of ingredients.
To obtain well distributed throughout all the components of the mixture scraping the bottom of the bowl, blending well.
Set a timer and beat the mixture on medium speed for 3 minutes. Scrape well to confirm that you have all the ingredients are evenly combined.
Greased (with Crisco) floured tube pan and pour.
Touched lightly in center of grill, or until cake springs back 60-70 minutes at 325.
Cool the cake upright in pan 15 minutes.
After cooling for 15 minutes, as well as a thin knife carefully to the periphery of the tube pan, run around the inner tube itself. Counter pan with plastic wrap several times. Then invert the cake cooling rack for complete cooling.
Cake, if the room temperature, lightly sprinkle some powdered sugar on the cake for presentation.
To provide a place on the plate again for the final placement on the plate cooking, invert the cake on a plate with another one.
Shop for "cookie tin."

boys birthday cake
More cake recipes

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment